I’m a regular commentator on issues of ethics, philosophy, leadership, current affairs and pop culture, and my writing has been featured across most major Australian media outlets.
I’ve produced regular columns with New Philosopher, The Conversation, Junkee, ABC Everyday and AFR and published longform and opinion pieces for The Guardian, Meanjin, SMH, ABC Religion and Ethics, The Mandarin and HR Daily.
I’m also regularly featured on radio and television, having appeared on programs like The Drum, The Project, Compass, RN’s The Minefield, The Philosopher’s Zone, The Ethics Centre, Hack, This Working Life, Blueprint for Living and Life Matters.
A limited showcase of my work is below. Please contact me for a more extensive list or for my views and experience on a particular topic.
- Overthinking It, a column on philosophy and pop-culture for Junkee
- ‘The ethics of conflicts of interest’, with Geraldine Doogue, Saturday Extra
- Hairy Questions with Matt Beard, an ethics column with ABC Everyday
- Collected writings for The Guardian on topics ranging from Covid-19 to parenting, technology and inequality
- A four-episode radio series on philosophy and parenting for Philosopher’s Zone
- Ethics Explained, a ten-episode web-series produced for The Ethics Centre
- ‘Syrian Refugees: how our collective imagination has failed us’, SMH, 2015
- ‘It’s a Hell of a Thing’: American Sniper and the True Costs of Killing, ABC Religion and Ethics, 2015
- Over fifty articles on a range of different topics written for The Ethics Centre